10.27.2014

Vampire Bites

When I was a kid, mom's would bring in incredible homemade creations for class parties and I always had it in my head that I would do the same. I had heard talk through friends with older kids that you could no longer bring food into the class for your kid’s birthday. What I didn't realize, until my daughter started school, is that you cannot bring homemade food at all. At first I was horrified! It was the death of the bake sale. I couldn't imagine someone thinking that packaged processed food would be better than a homemade wholesome creation. I called my girlfriend to tell her about this appalling travesty happening in the schools. She said, “Well, think of it like this: did the person making these homemade treats wash their hands? Use fresh ingredients? Were they sick? Did they lick their fingers, or the spoon?” GAG!

Touché, my friend. I am now a supporter of prepackaged food in the classroom. I will have to find something else to do with all those clever holiday treat ideas I pinned. But for our class's upcoming Halloween party, I wanted to think of a way to bring homemade into the mix. I made these Vampire Bites to share with the class instead of cookies. It was very simple and I am sharing my PDF for the labels with you.


You can pick up vampire teeth at the 99 Cent Store, Target or any place that sells Halloween stuff. The small treat bags are available at JoAnn. I used Wilton treat bags, but any bag the right size will do.


Print out my Vampire Bites PDF, and make sure you print it onto cardstock. Regular paper would be too flimsy for this. If you wanted to, you could use colored paper. I used white because I love all things black and white.

Vampire Bites PDF

Cut the labels out. There are three labels per sheet. Cut a line across the bottom leaving the same size white margin that is printed along the top. Then make two cuts down the columns directly in the center of each column. This should leave you with three rectangle-shaped labels containing two dotted-edged boxes. You will then fold the card in half, creating a tent. Only one dotted box should show on each side. Place the vampire teeth in the baggy and slide the baggy between the tent. Staple it shut, twice.


Now you have Vampire Bites for your classroom party stash! They're also good for getting "Boo'd."

My stash of materials:


Cardstock

Wilton Treat Bags

No comments :

Post a Comment